GRANVILLE, Ohio—Wittenberg field hockey won a thriller in their second NCAC match on Tuesday night. The Tigers hit the road for the first time in 2016, and it took an overtime to decide the match between the Tigers and the Big Red of Denison. Junior forward Audrey Coler netted her fourth goal of the season in the first half, but her fifth goal of the year would be the game winner for the Tigers. In the overtime, the Cincinnati native managed to take a shot from about seven yards out, sneaking past the Denison goalie into the left side of the cage. The overtime victory puts the Tigers at 1-1 in NCAC play, and 3-2 overall in 2016.
- Coler's first goal came at the 33:20 mark in the first half, catching a pass from Fleur Vaandrager who earned her second assist of the season on the close range score.
- Wittenberg allowed Denison to score the equalizing goal ten minutes in to the second half, as the rest of regulation would end in a stalemate.
- 71:44 in to the game was long enough for Coler, as the unassisted goal put the Tigers up 2-1, giving them the conference victory.
- Sarah Brownell logged all 71:44 in net for the Tigers, earning the victory after making eight saves in the match.
- Riley Trexler and Coler each led the Tigers with two shots on goal, as both of Coler's found the back of the cage.
- As a team, Wittenberg's offense produced 11 shots to Denison's 15.
- Wittenberg continues their NCAC schedule with a 1:00PM matchup against the Lords of Kenyon in Gambier, Ohio on Sunday, September 18.