Lynchburg, Va. – The Wittenberg field hockey team continued their season opening road trip on Sunday, falling to the Hornets of Lynchburg College by a margin of 7-1. Lynchburg opened up the scoring early before Riley Trexler followed up for the Tigers with her first goal of the 2017 season to even the game at 1-1.
- The Tigers scored on their first shot on goal, as Blaine Donnelly earned her first assist of the season on the feed up to Trexler.
- Wittenberg continued the fight against Lynchburg, as Maddie Goelz was shown a green card in the 33rd minute before heading into the intermission. Zara Tickner drew a yellow in the 47th minute of action for her first penalty of the season.
- Wittenberg's offense was led by Trexler and Brighid Kortyna taking two shots on goal each of the Tigers six total.
- The Tigers doubled their shot total from first to second half, with only three shots through the first 35 minutes. Wittenberg added six more marks to their shot total in the second half.
- Allie Purvis saw 14 Lynchburg shots throughout the game, making seven saves during her time in net.
- Wittenberg will finalize their three-game opening road series on Wednesday, September 6 with a trip to Earlham College for a 5:00PM game.