Richmond, Ind. – The Wittenberg field hockey team bounced back on Wednesday evening with a 9-1 NCAC road win over Earlham College. Senior Audrey Coler ignited the Wittenberg offense, tallying the Tigers first goal at the 7:57 mark. Wittenberg would take a 5-0 lead into the intermission, as Coler would slot two more goals through the final minutes of the first half, making for her first career hat trick. Wittenberg kept the spark in the second half, firing off 13 shots on goal and putting away their final four goals of the game.
- Blaine Donnelly tallied her first goal and second assist of the season, finding the back of the cage in the 12th minute before connecting with Channa Visseren in the 24th to give Wittenberg a 4-0 lead.
- The Tigers scored their final goal in the 63rd minute, when Visseren completed the pass to Veronica Carrow for her first goal of the season.
- Seven different Tigers recorded goals against the Quakers, including Zara Tickner, and Megan Niswonger logging their first marks of the 2017 season.
- Wittenberg sent on 27 shots throughout the match, recording 14 in the first 35 minutes.
- Allie Purvis was left with just one save to make against a total of three shots from the Quakers.
- Wittenberg will make the home opener on Saturday, September 9 when they host Rhodes College in a 12:00PM showdown.