Springfield, Ohio – It was a defensive standoff through the first 20 minutes of action when the Wittenberg field hockey team hosted the Big Red of Denison University on Saturday morning. The battle between the two NCAC powers took place at midfield, trading possession under the blistering sun. The NCAC contest that was originally scheduled for a noon start but was moved up to 11:00 AM with stoppage of play at the first "dead ball" added after the 17th-minute mark in each half for athlete safety. After Denison put the first goal of the game after 24 minutes of action, the Tiger's Audrey Coler scored her seventh goal of the season just minutes later to knot things up at 1-1 before going into the break.
- Blaine Donnelly started the Wittenberg scoring in the second half, tallying her second goal of the season in the 49th minute to give Wittenberg their first lead of the game at 2-1.
- The Big Red were able to capitalize off their one and only shot in the extra time.
- The two teams were evenly matched through the second half, each taking five shots on goal.
- Wittenberg led in penalty corner attempts, taking four in each half of regulation.
- Wittenberg will return to action for another NCAC matchup on Sunday, September 24 when they host the Ladies of Kenyon College at 1:00 PM.