Wooster, Ohio – The Wittenberg field hockey team traveled to Wooster on Saturday morning, picking up their fifth straight win with a 6-2 defeat of the Fighting Scots. The Tigers wasted no time getting the scoring started, as Megan Niswonger found Channa Visseren for the first Wittenberg goal less than a minute into the game. Wittenberg would tally two more unassisted goals before the first intermission. Fellow Dutch teammate Veerle van der Plas put back a loose ball in the Wooster defensive zone just ten minutes later. Senior Audrey Coler found her way through the Scots defense for the final Wittenberg goal of the first half, giving the Tigers a 3-1 lead at the break.
- Coler and Visseren would each slot their second goals of the game coming within two minutes of each other in the second half. Wittenberg came out of the half firing, as Coler put her 11th goal of the season past the Wooster keeper just two minutes into the second half, coming on the Maddie Goelz assist.
- Visseren tallied her 10th goal of the season, finding the back of the Wooster net on the one-time shot at the thirty-eight-minute mark.
- Blaine Donnelly found herself back in the scoring column for the final Wittenberg goal, with just over twenty-five minutes left in the game.
- Wittenberg controlled the game from start to finish, leading the shot column 26-11 at the end of the day.
- Allie Purvis and the Wittenberg defense put on another great display of work, as the Wooster offense was limited to just six shots on goal.
FROM THE FIELD
- "It was really nice passing game today, we had a great flow on the field and are excited to Tiger Up tomorrow," Senior Macenzie Reed said.
- Wittenberg will be back in action on Sunday, October 15 when they travel to Oberlin for a NCAC bout with the Yeowomen at 1:00 PM.