Springfield, Ohio – The Wittenberg field hockey program recorded their fifth shutout of the season, taking down Ohio Wesleyan 6-0 on Senior Day. The Tigers scored three goals in each half of action, starting with a Channa Visseren goal facilitated by Maddie Goelz at the 13:25 mark. Visseren tallied five shots with four coming on goal, two goals, and an assist. She would slot her second goal ten minutes into second half breaking through the Battling Bishop defense for the unassisted goal. The Tigers celebrated more than just a big win on the day, but the careers of six seniors Audrey Coler, Maddie Goelz, Brighid Kortyna, Macenzie Reed, Zara Tickner, and Riley Trexler and their final home game at Edwards-Maurer Field.
- Trexler recorded a goal along with an assist on her Senior Day celebration, slotting the second goal for the Tigers at the thirty-one-minute mark.
- Trexler would find Veerle van der Plas just three minutes later before the end of the half to give Wittenberg a 3-0 lead going into the break.
- Coler would get involved in the scoring effort, kick-starting the Wittenberg offense just the minutes out of the half.
- Blaine Donnelly put the final goal on the board for the Tigers, coming on the assist from Visseren just before the sixtieth minute.
- Allie Purvis had little to worry about as the Battling Bishops did not record a shot on goal.
- Wittenberg led Ohio Wesleyan 17-2 in the shot count at the end of the day.
- As Wittenberg closes out the season with a 13-5 record 10-4 in NCAC play. They have earned the #3 spot in the NCAC Tournament, traveling to #2 Kenyon on Wednesday, Nov. 1 for a 2:30 PM semifinal game.