Mar 10, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg concluded their spring break trip with a 15-12 win over Berry College on Friday afternoon.
- Despite trailing 6-5 at the break, Wittenberg managed to take an 11-8 lead into the fourth quarter.
- The Tigers got there by utilizing a big third quarter, outscoring Berry 6-2 behind three Zach Shy goals.
Site: Mount Berry, Georgia (Berry College)
Score: Wittenberg 15, Berry 12
Records: Witt 2-2, BC 5-2
Next Game: Wednesday, March 15—vs Capital (Edwards Maurer Field, Springfield, Ohio) 4:00PM
- The Tigers took a 2-0 lead within the first seven minutes of action before Berry would answer with three goals at the eight, seven, and six-minute marks in the first quarter.
- Both teams found the back of the net three times in quarter number two, as Wittenberg trailed 6-5 at the half.
- In the third quarter, the Tigers netted six goals, as Shy recorded three of his own, while Noah Moderwell, Creighton Stephens, and Austin Brady recorded one each.
- On top 11-8 in the fourth quarter, both teams scored four goals, as Gerald Coyle and Michael Coyle each scored goals for Wittenberg in the second and fourth quarters.
- Shy led the Tigers with four goals on Friday, while Jack Strahm dished out a game high four assists for Wittenberg.
- Berry edged out the Tigers in ground balls 28-27, while Shy and Anthony LeBarge III paced the Tigers with four each.
- Wittenberg forced Berry into 23 turnovers on their home turf, while David Strahm, LeBarge III and Alex Dankowski each caused two turnovers individually.
- Colin Cahill and Aaron Blossey split time in net for Wittenberg on Friday, as the duo combined for 16 saves.