Mar 16, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg welcomed NCAA Division I opponent Cleveland State to Springfield after Mother Nature shifted both team's schedules around earlier in the week.
- Hanging right with the Vikings in the first two periods, Wittenberg was outscored 9-3 in the third period before eventually falling 18-10.
- The Tigers trailed 6-5 at the break, as Jack Strahm paced the Tigers with four goals.
SITE: Springfield, Ohio (Wittenberg University)
SCORE: Cleveland State 18, Wittenberg 10
RECORDS: CSU 3-6, WITT 2-3
NEXT GAME: Saturday, March 18—vs Hiram (Hiram, Ohio) 1:00PM
- The first quarter featured Noah Moderwell scoring off of a Jack Strahm assist, followed by Strahm scoring off of a Moderwell assist, as Wittenberg took an early 3-2 lead.
- Wittenberg was outscored in the second period 3-2, as Zach Shy netted two unassisted goals for his team, as the Tigers trailed 6-5.
- CSU pulled away from Wittenberg in the third period, as the Vikings scored nine goals in the quarter, including six in less than ten minutes.
- Shy and Strahm both scored goals for Wittenberg in quarter number four, as they young Tiger team could not overcome the third quarter, falling 18-10.
- Wittenberg was outshot in the contest 53-35, as the Vikings produced 30 shots in the second hal, to Wittenberg's 19.
- Frank Redman went four for eight at the center dot for the Tigers in face-offs, as the Tigers won 18 of 31 face-offs in the game.
- David Strahm and John Condon each picked up four ground balls for Wittenberg, as the Tigers picked up 26 as a team.
- Six of Wittenberg's ten goals came off of assists, as Strahm and Moderwell each picked up two assist.