Apr 08, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- On senior day, the Tigers of Wittenberg made quick work of Kenyon, 13-7, while holding the Lords scoreless in the second and third quarters.
- David Strahm jump-started the Tigers offense with two quick goals, as the senior finished with a game-high three goals.
- The Tigers produced 60 total shots in the contest, while holding Kenyon to one shot in the third quarter.
SITE: Springfield, Ohio (Wittenberg University
SCORE: Wittenberg 17, Kenyon 14
RECORDS: WITT 6-5 (3-2), KEN (4-6 (2-4)
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, April 12—vs. DePauw University (Springfield, Ohio) 4:00PM
- Strahm gave the Tigers a quick 2-0 lead in the first minute of the contest with two unassisted goals.
- Charlie Tillett found the back of the net at the end of quarter number one off of a pass from Micahel Coyle, as the game was tied 3-3.
- Gerald Coyle, Michael Carluccio and Coyle would all score unassisted goals in the second quarter, as Wittenberg entered halftime leading 6-3.
- Wittenberg would score eight unanswered goals, as Zach Shy capped off the scoring in quarter number three, scoring off of a pass from Joseph Crawford as the Tigers led 11-3.
- The Tigers would score their 13th and final goal as Noah Moderwell and Strahm connected with 7:00 remaining in regulation, as the Tigers led 13-5.
- Saturday's action featured 94 shots, 58 turnovers, and seven and a-half minutes of penalty time on both sides.
- Wittenberg scooped up 45 ground balls, as Strahm paced the Tigers with six.
- Anthony LeBarge III paced the Tigers with four caused turnovers in the win.