North Manchester, Ind. – The Wittenberg University men's soccer team took part in the Raven/Spartan Classic over the weekend. The Tigers took on the Ravens of Anderson University in game one on Friday night. As both teams would score a goal in each half of regulation, the two extra periods saw no scoring, forcing the game to a 2-2 ending. Edwin Blanco Chancay opened up the scoring for Wittenberg on the assist from Carter Grzegorzewski, Chancay netted his first career goal as a Tiger in the 33rd minute against the Ravens. Fellow freshman Evan Dinopoulos would score the second goal for Wittenberg, finding the back of the net in the 71st minute on an unassisted goal. The Tigers took an early lead again on day two of the Classic taking on Manchester University, as Jacob Snowden scored in the 17th minute. The early goal would be all the offense the Tigers had for the day, as Manchester would take the match by a final score of 3-1.
- Spencer Pritchett made his first appearance in goal for Wittenberg against Anderson, making four saves against six shots.
- The Tigers led the shot column through all four periods of play, taking 31 shots to the Ravens 14.
- Alberto Zaragoza took 13 shots, placing five on frame in the first match of the weekend.
- Wittenberg kept pace with Manchester on day two, taking 15 shots to the Spartans 20.
- Jack Snider was back in the net for the Tigers against the Spartans, making eight saves against 11 shots on goal.
- The Tigers had their chances on set pieces, leading the corner kick column 4-2.
- The Tigers will be back in action from Thomas More College on Tuesday, September 12 for a 5:00PM kickoff.