Tiffin, Ohio – The Wittenberg University men's and women's track and field team went to the Tiffin Dragon Open this weekend. While at the meet the Tigers saw a good mix of division II and III competition.
- Tay Morton took fourth in the high jump clearing a height of 1.84m and third in the triple jump, extending for a distance of 12.90m.
- Kenny Mayes took seventh place in the mile run with a time of 4:42.13.
- The Tigers then went back-to-back in fifth and sixth place in the 60m hurdles, Tyler Gittins crossed in a time of 8.61. Marcus O'Neal was not far off with a time of 8.64.
- Tyler Branton crossed the line in a time of 7.17 in the 60m dash for an eighth-place finish respectively.
- Anna LeBold took seventh place in the 800m, crossing the line in a time of 2:34.34.
- Marteana Newton ran the 200m dash in a time of 27.97 for a sixth-place finish.
- Nia Gilbert reached a distance of 9.36m in her triple jump attempt.
FROM THE TRACK: "It was a solid start to the season competing against stout DII and DIII competition. We still have a lot of work ahead of us. However, I am looking forward to the next few weeks as our team continues to grow through the process," said head coach Paris Hilliard.
UP NEXT: Wittenberg will return to action on Saturday, January 27 at the Fighting Scots Invitational from the College of Wooster.