KETTERING, Ohio—Despite heavy competition, Wittenberg cross country made a strong appearance at the Rich Davis Flyer 5k hosted by the University of Dayton on Saturday. The field of runners ranged from Division I competitor Louisville, to North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) rival Denison.
WOMEN'S TOP 5
- Alexis Gray ran for a time of 19:49.4, placing 23rd among all women running. The freshman placed first among intercollegiate schools as well.
- Katherine Phillips finished eighth among intercollegiate schools, with a time of 20:51.7 for her first collegiate race.
- Erin Hord followed shortly behind with a time of 21:21.0, a ninth place finish for the senior.
- Paige Narciso returns after to the course after being injured her freshman year, and pushes up to follow Hord in 13th place, with a time of 21:57.0
- Hannah Meier finished with a time of 22:15.6, a 15th place finish for the senior.
The ladies finished second overall among the intercollegiate teams. Strong performances by all runners helped Wittenberg achieve a three-point advantage to beat out conference opponent Denison.
MEN'S TOP PERFORMANCES
- Jon Osman the first Tiger to cross the finish line for the men, had a strong race to clock in at 16:56.8 for 17th place.
- Charles Rodeheffer finished not far behind in 19th with a time of 17:10.5
- Ethan Raines wrapped up his race with a time of 18:18.0 in 24th.
- On Saturday, September 10, Wittenberg Cross Country will be hosting the Wittenberg Invitational at Snyder Park.
Written By: Sutton Jacobs, 19'