SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg Cross Country held their lone home meet of the year at Snyder Park on Saturday morning. On a beautiful day, the Tigers did not disappoint the many students and supporters that were in attendance. The Tigers scored well as a team on both-sides, finishing first in both team categories, as well as producing first place finishers in Alexis Gray, and Charles Rodeheffer. This is the second weekend in a row that both Tiger programs have shown well, as the young programs held their own in a deep field a week ago at the Rich Davis Flyer 5K held by the University of Dayton.
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Gray continued to impress in her young Tiger career, as the freshman took home first place with a run of 19:42.76.
- Lorin Conti finished third overall with a run of 20:26.89.
- Rounding out the top four for the Tigers was Katherine Phillips, who turned in a performance of 20:36.44.
- Paige Narcisco and Erin Hord rounded out the top ten for the Tigers, finishing sixth and seventh with times of 20:39.85 and 21:06.50
MEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Rodeheffer's first place time for Wittenberg was a blazing 16:39.60, with teammate Jon Osman coming in a close second at 16:52.10.
- Jersson Pachar chased down his teammates for a third place finish at 17:43.17 after returning from injury.
- Senior Ethan Raines locked down a sixth place finish for the Tigers at 18:14.63, while Evan Schreiber rounded out the top ten for the Tigers in eighth place with a run of 18:50.79.
FROM THE COACH
- "This was a solid, quality meet for us when it comes to team effort. I feel that we are starting to close the gap and becoming more and more competitive, but what I really like the most is the leadership and energy," said Coach Penney.
- Both programs return to action on September 17 at the Otterbein Invitational in Westerville, Ohio.