TIFFIN, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball concluded their week of non-conference competition prior to the Charles B. Zimmerman Memorial Classic on December 29 and 30 with a road-trip to Heidelberg University. The Tigers trailed at the break 29-22, but matched the Student Princes shot for shot in the third quarter, as both teams posted 20 points in the frame. Wittenberg struggled on the boards against Heidelberg, and was outscored in the paint as the team fell 64-54 at the final horn.
- Wittenberg was lead offensively by Alex Kiess, as the sophomore poured in 21 points to go along with five rebounds and two assists for the Tigers.
- The Tigers shot 33% from the floor in the loss, while the Student Princes put together night of 45% from the floor, including 24 points in the paint.
- Haley Dannemiller led the Tigers with nine total rebounds, but the Tigers were outrebounded in the game 42-28.
- Despite the loss, the Tigers forced the Student Princes into 25 turnovers, scoring 19 points off of those turnovers while recording ten steals.
- As a team, Wittenberg shot 32% from behind the three-point line, as Kiess knocked down four long-balls for the Tigers.
- Wittenberg returns to action on Decmember 29 against Mount Saint Joseph as the Charles B. Zimmerman Memorial Classic tips off at Pam Evans Smith Arena.
- FULL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE AND INFORMATION