GAMBIER, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball looked to avenge an earlier loss to the Ladies of Kenyon College on Wednesday night in Gambier, but the Ladies of Kenyon were too much for the Tigers, as the team fell 55-40 on the road. Wittenberg led 13-12 at the end of the first quarter, but the team combined for 15 points in the second and third quarters, as the Ladies of Kenyon lead by as many as 18 points. Wittenberg returns to action on Saturday at 1:00PM against the Yeowomen of Oberlin.
- Wittenberg got off to a quick start behind Michelle Brunswick, who posted four points, three rebounds and an assist in the first quarter.
- Wittenberg went two of ten from the field in the second quarter, as the team only posted seven points in the period, trailing 27-20 at the break.
- The Tigers could not overcome the second and third quarters, as the team combined for 15 points in both frames.
- For the game, Haley Dannemiller and Sydney Mayle led the Tigers with eight points each, while Brunswick cleaned up the glass with ten rebounds in the game.
- Wittenberg outrebounded the Ladies 38-37 in the contest, but shot 25% from the floor in the loss.
- The Tigers continue conference play with a trip to Oberlin on Saturday. Tip off is set for 1:00PM.