SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg women's basketball took on Allegheny on Friday evening in an NCAC match-up, as The Tigers beat the Gators on the road in a close game back in December. Wittenberg had a major contribution coming from Haley Dannemiller, who netted ten points in a fast and furious first half effort. The Tigers never lost their lead the entire game, leading by as many as 25 points ahead early in the fourth quarter on their way to a 72-52 NCAC victory. Wittenberg Women's Basketball returns to the court on Saturday to take on the Terriers at 3PM at home.
- Sydney Mayle hits a three to cap-off the Tigers early 11-0 run, as slick passing contributed to the early Tiger run.
- Alex Kiess continued to lead the Tigers offense, as the sophomore sharp shooter recorded 14 points.
- Michelle Brunswick continued to do the dirty work down low, as the senior pulled down 11 rebounds for the fifth time in the 2016-17 campaign.
- Senior Riley McDonald chipped in with 4 steals, turning one into a fast-break layup early in the fourth quarter for a Tiger lead of 60-35
- The Tigers took advantage of the Gators' 27 turnovers, capitalizing 22 points as a result of the sloppy play.
- The Tiger reserves combined for 29 points toward the win, the most coming from junior Bobbie Clayton with eight.
- Wittenberg returns to action on February 4 against the Terriers of Hiram College.
- Tip Off is set for 3:00PM.