SPRINGFIELD, Ohio--It was Senior Day at Pam Evans-Smith arena, and all four of the senior Tigers graced the starting lineup as the Tigers squared off against the Oberlin Yeowomen. The first quarter had a bit of a rough start for the Tigers but as the game carried on, so did they. The Tigers and Yeowomen were neck-and-neck the entire contest, before the Yeowomen banked in a prayer off the glass as time expired to outlast the Tigers 53-50. The loss sends the Tigers to 6-8 in NCAC play and 10-13 overall.
- The Tigers come out strong in the second quarter behind Madison Linn cashing in on two layups in a 10 second span.
- The Tigers took a 31-29 lead into the half after Michelle Brunswick hit a layup in the last six seconds of the first half.
- The third quarter brought out some great plays by the Tigers including, jump-shots by Haley Dannemiller, Brunswick and Kiess, back-to-back-to-back
- After both teams went ice cold in the fourth quarter, Oberlin came roaring back to 50-43 lead.
- Wittenberg would not go away, as Sydney Mayle hit a layup with 26 tics left to knot things up at 50-50.
- Oberlin would dribble out the clock before heaving a prayer at the basket, as the shot form the right wing banked in off the glass to give the Yeowomen the game at 53-50.
- The Tigers shot 29% from the floor in the contest, while Oberlin managed to end the game at 42%.
- 11 of the Tigers 17 field-goals came off of assists, as Riley McDonald lead the Tigers with four.
- The Tigers outrebounded the Yeowomen 39-36 in the loss, as Brunswick and Mayle each recorded seven boards.
- The Tigers return to NCAC play on February 15 at Ohio Wesleyan.
- Tip-off is set for 7:00PM in Delaware.