Mar 16, 2017
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Wittenberg fell behind 11-4 in the opening half before falling 20-10 to OAC foe Mount Union.
- Emily Wadds led the Tigers with four goals, as Becca Joseph dished out four assists in the home loss.
- Wittenberg turned the ball over 25 times in the loss, as Mount Union dominated at the offense end, mustering up 40 total shots in the game.
SITE: Springfield, Ohio (Wittenberg University)
SCORE: Mount Union 20, Wittenberg 10
RECORDS: Wittenberg (4-2), Mount Union (2-1)
NEXT GAME: Saturday, March 18—vs. Thomas More College (Springfield, Ohio)
- The Tigers trailed 4-0 before netting their first goal of the game nearly 13 minutes into action, as Victoria Zysik beat the Purple Raiders goalie, unassisted.
- Wittenberg would come roaring back at 4-3, as Haley Schroeder capitalized on a free position shot at the 15:54 mark in the opening half.
- Wadds would score off of a pass from Joseph as the Tigers were a man-up at the 8:22 mark, as Wittenberg went into the break trailing 11-4.
- Madeline Stock scored seven minutes into the half for Wittenberg, as the Tigers trailed Mount Union 14-8.
- Breanna Donnelly would score the final goal for Wittenberg off of a Joseph assist, as Wittenberg then trailed Mount Union 18-10.
- The Tigers recorded 18 draw controls in the game, as Wadds recorded 11 total.
- Five of the Tigers ten goals came off of assists, as Joseph recorded four, and Wadds one.
- Schroeder paced the Tigers with seven ground balls, as Wittenberg scooped up 27 as a team.