Springfield, Ohio – The Wittenberg women's lacrosse team returned to action from Edwards-Maurer Field over the weekend, falling to John Carroll 21-13 on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers took 38 shots on the day, placing 27 on target. Bre Donnelly found her way through the John Carroll defense early, scoring the first three Wittenberg goals. Donnelly's hat trick was the first of three on the day, as the junior attacker tallied three of the first seven Tiger goals. Rachel Bernard picked up the scoring late in the first half, recording three goals over the final 15 minutes of the first half.
- Faith Meads would assist on the first Donnelly goal of the day a little over two minutes into the game.
- Victoria Zysik assisted the second Donnelly goal, as Wittenberg brought the game back to even at 2-2.
- With just under 16 minutes left in the first half, Meads found Donnelly for her third goal. While just over a minute later, Emily Wadds connected with Bernard for her first goal of the half, as Wittenberg cut the John Carroll lead to 7-4.
- Bernard scored her second goal of the half, capitalizing on the free position attempt taking the score to 9-5.
- With three minutes left before the half, Bernard finished her first half hat-trick with the unassisted goal.
- Gabby Zysik would put up the final Wittenberg goal of the first half, scoring on the free position shot.
- Zysik would come out of the half to score the first Wittenberg goal on a free position shot.
- Just four minutes later, Wadds found the back of the net with a free position shot. Zysik added her second goal of the half with just over 10 minutes to go.
- Bernard tallied her fourth goal with just over seven minutes remaining in the game, followed by Wadds scoring an unassisted goal with just under three minutes remaining.
- Just twenty seconds later, Zysik tallied her final goal of the game.
UP NEXT: Wittenberg will play two games over spring break, taking on Muhlenberg at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, March 6 and Wentworth on Wednesday, March 7 at 12:30 PM.