SPRINGFIELD, Ohio-- Wittenberg swimming and diving honored the senior class before the head-to-head meet against the Terriers of Hiram on Saturday. Wittenberg dominated the day, as the women's program defeated Hiram 168-26, as the men came out on top 135-29. With the win on both sides, the program focus shifts to the NCAC Championships starting on February 8 at Denison University.
WOMEN'S TOP FINISHES
- The 200-yard medley relay team of Amy Schulz, Annelise Gibson, Samantha Petruzzi, and Emalie Taylor claimed first place with a finals swim of 1:58.61, scoring 11 points for the red and white.
- Kelsey Gregory won the 1000-yard freestyle at 11:36.15, earning the Tigers nine points in the head-to-head.
- Petruzzi scored individually for the Tigers, winning the 200-yard freestyle with a finals time of 2:05.57.
- Marita Banta-Long scored nine points for Wittenberg in the 50-yard freestyle, as the freshman finished in first place at 26.02 seconds.
- Olivia Verellen dominated the 400 yard IM for the Tigers, coming in first with a finals time of 5:07.79.
- Petruzzi was not done yet for the Tigers, also claiming a victory in the 100-yard butterfly at 1:02.38.
- In the 100-yard freestyle, the Tigers were lead by Taylor, who came in first with a time of 57.70 seconds.
- Schulz continued her senior day with a first place finish in the 100-yard backstroke at 1:04.85 and a first place finish in the 100 yard breastroke at 1:12.43.
- In the 500-yard freestyle, Wittenberg was paced by Emily Sarver who finished the finals heat with a time of 5:42.73.
- Rounding out the Tigers victory was the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Schulz, Maggie Simmons, Amber Luke and Taylor, who finished in first with a time of 1:49.50.
MEN'S TOP FINISHES
- Paul Salay, Luke George, Kyle Smith and Bradley Barren won the 200-yard medley relay for Wittenberg with a finals time of 1:41.53.
- Salay continued to score for Wittenberg, this time in the 200-yard freestyle, finishing in first at 1:53.18.
- In the 400 yard IM, sophomore Sam Bott finished in first with a finals time of 4:32.43.
- In the 100-yard butterfly, Bradley Barren emerged victorious with a finals heat of 55.50 seconds.
- Patrick Rittenhouse paced the Tigers in the 100-yard freestyle, as the senior finished in first at 52.86 seconds.
- Braden Crouse won the 100-yard backstroke for Wittenberg, posting a finals time of 1:12.24.
- Winning the 500-yard freestyle for the Tigers Nicholas Angeli, coming in at 5:20.66.
- Smith rounded out his day with a win in the 100-yard backstroke at 1:03.78.
- Capping off the Tigers senior day meet was the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Salay, Collin Taylor, Ward Bright and Barren who won the event with a time of 1:34.90.