Alliance, Ohio - Wittenberg track and field opened up their indoor season with a strong start at the Mt. Union Toy Drive Invite. Wittenberg had one individual first-place finish on the afternoon, coming from freshman Marteana Newton in the 400M dash crossing the line in a time of 1:01.23.
TOP MEN'S RESULTS
- Kenny Mayes earned a second-place finish in the 800m run, crossing in a time of 2:02.
- Forcing the results to a third decimal place, Tyler Branton took third with a final time of 7.226 in the 60m dash. Branton added a fifth-place finish at the end of his day with a 23.36 final in the 200m dash.
- Tyler Gittins captured two top-five finishes, running a 51.78 in the 400m dash for a third-place finish, before taking sixth place in the 60H in a time of 8.65.
- With just one place between him and Gittins, Kyle Farnbauch finished the 60H in fourth-place in a time of 8.60.
- Tay Morton collected fifth place in the triple jump with a leap of 12.24m, adding a sixth-place finish to his day in the high jump, Morton cleared a height of 1.90m.
- D'Anthony Dorsey earned a fifth-place finish in the weight throw with a 14.60m toss.
- Zach Guyer rounded out the top Wittenberg finishers with a sixth-place finish in the long jump, landing at a distance of 5.87 meters.
UP NEXT: Wittenberg will return to action in the New Year, traveling to the Otterbein Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 13.