SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Last weekend, Wittenberg swimming and diving participated in the 4th Annual Transylvania Invitational. Both the men and women's Tiger programs finished strong, as the women's program placed fifth out of eight teams with a final score of 333, while the men's program finished fourth out of seven teams with a final score of 280. Wittenberg competed at the University of Kentucky's pool in the two-day meet, as Wittenberg competed with some of the top competition in Division III. Both programs now take a break from competition until they embark on the annual training trip to sunny-Florida.
WOMEN'S TOP FINISHES
- In the 200 yard-breaststroke, senior Amy Schulz placed fourth with a time of 2:29.19.
- In the 200 yard-freestyle, freshman Marita Banta-Long earned a third place finish with a final time of 1:57.80.
- In the 100 yard-fly, was junior Samantha Petruzzi finishing with a time of 1:00.29
- Wrapping things up for Wittenberg on the women's side, the 400-yard freestyle-relay team of Banta-Long, Amy Schulz, Elissa ManchesterandEmalie Taylor finished in fifth, with a finals time of 3:46.31.
MEN'S TOP FINISHES
- The 400-yard freestyle-relay team of Sam Bott, Paul Salay, Drew Suffoletta, and Barren Bradley finished in fourth for the Tigers at 3:21.07.