To: Athletic Trainer
From: Wittenberg University Sports Medicine
Re: Athletic Training Facilities and Medical Services at Wittenberg University
Welcome to Wittenberg University! We hope your visit to Wittenberg is and enjoyable and injury free. Enclosed is a list of services and information that may be useful to you and your team upon arrival to Wittenberg University.
- Athletic Training Room and Treatment Areas at your disposal.
- Modalities including ice bags, ice cups, hot packs, cold and warm whirlpools, ultrasound and electrical stimulation* are available. (Ultrasound and electrical stimulation require a physician’s prescription to be administered by one of our staff athletic trainers; however, any visiting ATC may perform any modality on their own athletes.)
- Water and ice chest
- Emergency equipment including backboard, stretches, vacuum splints, crutches and AED are available on the sidelines.
- Athletic Trainer and Sports Medicine student workers are present at all times
- Emergency services will be on call
- Physicians on the sidelines are only available for football contests.
- Football Athletic Trainers: Hydrocollator, taping tables (2), and ice & water are available.
If your team is traveling without an athletic trainer, please notify us prior to the athletic contest. Please equip your team with all necessary items for competition (medical bag, cups or water bottles, etc.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (937) 327-6467. Good luck, and best wishes for the upcoming season.